On Twitter, a user asked the question to the FSExpo team about the current status of the event and if it will be continuing amid COVID-19 or Coronavirus.
This is the response from FlightSimExpo on Twitter:
“As is stands, we don’t anticipate any changes to our event schedule. This is certainly a situation we’re monitoring. As all we do, changes to the event would be voted on and we would take our direction from the community. We probably need to see how things develop in the next few months but provided the community is on board, we obviously want the show to go on.”
Other responses from other questions point out the Tropicana Hotel has a free 48 hour before check in cancellation policy if things turn for the worse with the virus.
If any updates for the future plans of FlightSimExpo come out, we will be sure to update everyone.
UPDATE March 10th
An official statement has been made by FlightSimExpo regarding the precautions they will be taking, as well as the hotel, to make sure the event is as safe as possible for the attendees and exhibitors. While the threat to the Las Vegas area and US remains low, these are the steps expo and hotel are going to take to make sure everyone stays as healthy as possible.
- Ensuring hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the event space
- Reminding attendees to wash their hands regularly with soap and water
- Encouraging safe health practices during the event
- Discouraging handshakes and other physical contact during the event
- Additional sanitation stations in high volume areas and convention space
- Increased fresh air circulation
- More frequent public restroom cleaning rotations
- Increased sanitation of door handles and gaming devices
- Sanitation of menus after each guest use in all food and beverage venues
- Continued awareness amongst team members regarding cleanliness and sanitation (i.e.,
- Additional carpet cleaning rotation in high volume areas
At the moment, McCarran Airport has not been advised of the need for airport screening for the virus, but teams are working to disinfect all high-touch surfaces in the airport.
Airlines have taken action to clean their aircraft, as well as Southwest offering free change or cancelations on all bookings.
The hotel remains to have its 48 hour cancellation plan.
If any changes come to the event, the decision would come through surveys with the confirmed attendees, confirmed exhibitors, and the community. We will be sure to update with any new information as well.