Earlier today, Flightbeam released Washington Dulles V3. The free update to Flightbeam’s popular Dulles scenery is available only to those using Prepar3D V4. Washington Dulles is one of three airports in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area serving more than 24 million passengers a year with service to over 125 destinations worldwide. Serving as a hub for United Airlines, both narrow and wide body aircraft can be found taxing about the airport going to all corners of the globe. Dulles boasts service from North America to Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America. Numerous international airlines like KLM, Korean Air, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, and many more serving Dulles gives the user many options for enjoyable long haul flying.
Flightbeam has noted that while the airport appearance hasn’t changed much, the real change can be seen at the core. Most everything has been re-compiled and optimized for Prepar3D V4. Some of the improvements include the use of SODE jetways, dynamic lighting, dynamic runway lighting, and the addition of gates with multiple jetways. If you do not own Dulles already, it can be purchased from Flightbeam for $29.99. The airport can be updated by logging into your account on Flightbeam’s website and downloading the newest installer. Be sure to download the correct one for Prepar3D V4 as there are now two download links for Dulles.
- Re-compiled all models to Prepar3D V4
- SODE jetways
- Added gates with multiple jetways
- Extensively re-optimized scenery
- Dynamic lighting
- Ground re-done and exported with Prepar3D V4 SDK standards
- Modified visual appearance of transparent terminal windows
- Tweaked puddles to improve performance
- Added dynamic runway lighting system script
- Various issues with grass appearance and ground markings fixed