After the shock announcement from Flightbeam stating they would be releasing a version 2 of their incredible KSFOHD, they have today released it. The free update brings added functionality, features and further optimizations to the US scenery. If you don’t own it already, you can buy it now from Flightbeam’s webstore for $29.99.
The biggest change to the KSFOHD package is the fact that it uses the brand new Flightbeam Manager, with Couatl and Addon Manager being dropped. This means easier installation as well as the chance to be able to adjust settings to suit your PC spec. Speaking of performance, the new update sees a 10-40% increase as well as the issue of stutters on approach being resolved.
Furthermore, just like Flightbeam’s KMSP (review coming soon, by the way!), SODE jetways have been implemented so you will be able to operate dual jetways. Additional new features include water puddles, enhanced ground textures, gate revisions and new floodlights. Of course, it also brings dynamic lighting for P3D V4.
Flightbeam were also keen to note there’s a few things you should understand / read before you run off to download. You can read them in full at their forums, but here’s a brief summary for you:
1 – De-activate KSFOHD from the Addon Manager, and then uninstall it
2 – Re-download via your esellerate account (be aware there’s a limited number of downloads)
3 – Use the same key to re-activate your license
The full change log is below, so feel free to read as your download.
– Now uses Flightbeam Manager. Couatl and Addon Manager support has been dropped.
– Enhanced performance. Most systems see 10-40% performance increase
– Stutters on approach have been resolved.
– Dynamic Lighting feature has been added for P3D v4 (be sure to turn it on in the Manager first)
– SODE jetways added: This means you can now operate dual jetways as well.
– Realistic Water puddles added
– Enhanced ground textures throughout airport
– New lamp floodlights
– Several gate revisions
– Fixed issue with objects popping into sight
– Added new runway: Taxiway C (Air Canada only)
– many more smaller items, too many to list.