BlueSkyFS has released their P-40F Warhawk for Flight Sim World.
The Curtiss P-40F was made by the United States and had its first flight in 1938 and served as a ground fighter during World War II. It’s the third most-produced American fighter *after the P-51 and P-47*. The plane hosts an Allison V-1710 engine that cranked out all 1,040 HP *although this was surprisingly not the most powerful plane at the time*. Fun fact about the P-40F, it claimed the first ever recorded air-to-air kill against a German FW190.
BlueSkyFS’ Curtiss P-40F Warhawk boasts the following feature set:
- A fully-functional clickable cockpit with realistic hydraulic, fuel, electrical systems, and gauges.
- Six liveries, 5 from authentic World War 2 and modern day, and one fictional livery, each taking unique advantage of trueSKY, PBR 2.0, and the rain system in Flight Sim World.
- A flight model built to be as realistic in any flight simulator to date, matching old pilots notes and manufacturer charts for performance.
- Photos of the real cockpit have been scrutinized and recreated in the BlueSky P-40F cockpit environment, really showing off the daytime conditions and night time lighting conditions that real life pilots would have faced during WWII.
- The unique flap and gear hydraulic system on the P-40F is a handful for pilots flying the air show circuit today. This has been accurately woven into the flight model and systems model of the aircraft in Flight Sim World, while also offering a simpler version for those flying with a keyboard and mouse.
Of course the P-40F is only compatible with Dovetail Games Flight Sim World, and is available from the Dovetail Store for a reduced price of £20.99 ($24.72 USD). So grab your scarf and leather helmet and take to the skies in this classic war fighter!