DC Designs has released their PT-17 Stearman for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The PT-17 Stearman was formally used as a military training aircraft with over 10,600 built in the course of its life. Now, the aircraft is used as crop dusters, aerobatic displays and also for wing walkers during air shows. It’s a nimble and versatile aircraft that has really stood the test of time.
The aircraft is a “fully native” product for Microsoft Flight Simulator and has been coded with the latest technology. The flight dynamics are accurate and built using the modern type to ensure there won’t be issues with future flight simulator updates. The high definition modelling and texturing also ensure you get a crisp and clear view of the instruments as you fly the plane. Furthermore, the aircraft comes with high-quality sounds recorded from thereal-world aircraft and is also fully compliant with VR headsets.
Other features include crew models that are in the virtual cockpit, operational doors and a range of liveries that cover both vintage and modern designs. If you need help operating the plane, an operations manual has been included.
Fully native MSFS aircraft
- The Stearman has been coded with Microsoft Flight Simulator native ‘Model Behaviors’ animations and built to MSFS specifications to prevent issues with future simulator upgrades.
- Fully compliant with MSFS native materials, and makes use of the ‘Modern’ aerodynamics system
- Custom recorded, high-definition WWise sounds from real-life Stearman PH-TOX, by Sim Acoustics
- Optional crew configuration, with modern GA Asobo occupants or World War Two student and instructor
- Fully compliant with Virtual Reality headsets
- Truly 3D virtual cockpits featuring accurately modelled controls and detailed texturing using full PBR materials
- Crew figures in the virtual cockpit are coded to disappear when you occupy their seats
- Fully operational front and rear cockpit positions included
- Six different liveries included, two vintage and four modern
Manual and paint kit
- A full operations manual is included, along with a comprehensive paint kit