As expected by the previous announcement, DC Designs has released its awaited F-15 Eagles series for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The fully-native aircraft by DC Designs includes four detailed aircraft based on the F-15, including the F-15C, D, E and I ‘Ra’am’ Eagles. All of the models have been built with the latest technology and built to withstand any future product updates and upgrades.
DC Designs has spent an incredible amount of time ensuring that the aircraft comes with compliant and native PBR texturing to ensure that the aircraft looks impressive from all angles. Modelling of the cockpit has been done to a high standard with a 3D virtual cockpit, modeled ejector seats, controls and all variants have a distinct difference accurate to their real-life counterparts. In addition, the aircraft also comes with a custom-built Heads-Up Display (HUD), animated G-vapor, afterburners and authentic night lighting. The aircraft has native aerodynamics, meaning you can provoke ‘departure spins’ amongst others.
As for systems, DC Designs has included a custom-coded and user-controlled payload manager, ADI, authentic MFDs with accurate visual layouts and also highly detailed instruments designed to emulate the appearance of the real aircraft. An operational manual is included to support those who buy the product.
DC Designs F-15 Eagles for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available to buy through Just Flight for £26.99 ($37 USD). Owners of the FSX/P3D version will have received an email with information on how to upgrade £9.99 ($13.50).
If you’re keen to learn more, our First Look video will give you a good idea on what to expect.
Fully native MSFS aircraft
- All models have been coded with Microsoft Flight Simulator native ‘Model Behaviors’ animations and built to MSFS operational specifications to prevent issues with future simulator upgrades.
- The DC Designs F-15 Eagles are fully compliant with MSFS native materials and make use of the new simulator’s features such as rain effects and sounds, fully reflective glass, native aerodynamic sound structures, the new ‘Modern’ aerodynamics system with the ability to provoke ‘departure spins’, and customised visibility controls for wheel chocks, covers, GPU and guard.
- The F-15 Eagles also contain custom-built and animated effects such as G-vapor, afterburners, and custom-modelled Head-Up Displays.
- Other features include authentic night lighting which includes user-operated ‘slime lights’ for combat operations and custom-coded air-intake animations based on aircraft airspeed and angle-of-attack.
- Numerous external animations including canopy, crew ladders, tail hook and control surfaces are modelled to mimic the Eagle’s ‘active’ fly-by-wire systems.
- The F-15 Eagles are also fully compliant with Virtual Reality headsets.
- Truly 3D virtual cockpits featuring accurately modelled ejector seats, controls and detailed texturing, each matching the respective variants
- Instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
- Working rear-view mirrors
- ‘Scratched canopy’ glass effects, reflective glass
- Crew figures in the virtual cockpit are coded to disappear when you occupy their seats
- Front and rear cockpit positions included in all twin-seat variants
- 3D modelled dials, ADI, ‘whiskey’ compass and other high-detail instruments designed to emulate the appearance of the real F-15 Eagles
- MFDs with visual layouts based on the real aircraft systems
- Head-Up Display with authentic layout based on the real F-15 Eagle variants
- Custom-coded, user-controlled ordnance via the simulator Payload Manager, allowing for live mounting of weapons on hardpoints with active weight increase.