After months of teasing, DC Designs has released Concorde for FSX and Prepar3D. The supersonic passenger jet is an aviation icon and has been released to giver simmers a chance to fly the fast jet in flight simulator. The aircraft is mostly known for its record-breaking speeds across the Atlantic Ocean carrying passengers in style from London to New York. With a typical cruise speed of Mach 2.0, the aircraft could typically complete the transatlantic route in just over 3 hours and passengers would enjoy views of up to 56,000ft. A truly revolutionary aircraft that sadly now remains in the hangar.
The aircraft from DC Designs includes an extensive 3D model with full animations throughout. The famous multi-stage ‘nose droop’ has been included and users will get to enjoy a fully PBR textured aircraft (in Prepar3D v4 and v5) whilst admiring the aircraft from the outside. As for the cockpit, DC Designs has included 3D dials, configurable cockpit crew and a fully modelled passenger cabin.
The Captain, First Officer and Engineer’s station are all operational with accurate flight modelling, a working TCAS and also custom-coded engineer’s station. The aircraft has been described as feature-rich, but not “study level”. That said, there is still plenty of systems that will need constant attention to be able to reach those supercruise capabilities.
It’s worth noting that a Microsoft Flight Simulator version is in the works and is due for release in December.
Thanks to Maurice E for the tip
AEROSPATIALE / BAC CONCORDE
- High-detail 3D model based on extensive research and visits to museum-exhibit aircraft
- Fully animated exterior model including all access doors, engine inlet ramps, thrust-reverse buckets and control surfaces
- Concorde’s famous, multi-stage ‘nose droop’ and windscreen animations recreated via custom coding
- Crew-controlled Ground Power Unit and boarding steps
- Full interior and exterior night-lighting
- PBR textures (P3D v4/v5 only)
- Truly 3D virtual cockpit featuring accurate controls and detailed texturing (PBR for P3D v4/5 only)
- 3D modelled dials throughout: HSI, ADI, ‘whiskey’ compass and other high-detail instruments with smooth animations
- Optional, configurable cockpit crew, along with optional air hostess during boarding and disembarking of passengers
- Captain, First Officer and Engineer’s station all operational
- Animated cockpit ‘stretch’ during Mach 2 flight, in accordance with high fuselage temperature ‘supercruise’ conditions
- Fully modelled passenger cabin with working displays, lighting, access doors and other unique animations
- Aircraft modelled and optimised for high-performance on all systems, and for use with Virtual Reality headsets
- Accurate flight model with Mach 2 ‘supercruise’ capability and realistic handling throughout the flight envelope
- Working TCAS display
- Inertial Navigation System based upon simulator’s internal GPS / flight plan system
- Custom-coded engineer’s station with operationally required tasks, including fuel management for Centre of Gravity control during high-altitude cruise
- British Airways 1985-1987
- British Airways 1998-2003
- Air France 1976-2003
- Singapore Airlines G-BOAD
MANUAL / PAINT KIT
A full operations manual and paint kit is included.