VATSIM’s busiest bi-annual event, Cross The Pond 2018 Eastbound, is right around the corner. The planning team have announced important details for you to take note of over on the forum.
For those not yet informed, Cross The Pond (CTP for short) is a bi-annual event on the VATSIM network that’s been taking place for over a decade. It’s a transatlantic crossing between set departure and arrival airports, though set time slot must be booked in order to participate. Full ATC coverage, including oceanic, is provided throughout the duration of the event.
This year, there’s a bit of a twist with four arrival airports rather than five or more versus five departure airports. In addition, there’s also a new departure airport on the list, Denver International (KDEN). Having Denver being further away from the others, departure slots from there will run from 1000z to 1300z.
Over 500 slots will be open for booking on Saturday 20th October at 1700z at the new CTP website. Their new site contains an abundance of information to get you ready for CTP including FAQs and a transatlantic operations checklist.
VATSIM mention that they are looking forward to another enjoyable event and thank the partner airports, ACCs/ARTCCs and divisions for their hard work.
Cross The Pond will take place on Saturday 27th October; below, you’ll find a list of the departure and arrival airports.
Departure slots will be available between 1100z and 1500z from the following airports:-
- John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK/KJFK)
- Logan International Airport (BOS/KBOS)
- Denver International Airport (DEN/KDEN)*
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ/CYYZ)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD/KIAD)
* Departures slots from Denver will run from 1000z to 1300z due to the increased distance.
Aircraft will be landing aircraft across the evening in Europe at the following airports:-
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS/EHAM)
- Frankfurt Airport (FRA/EDDF)
- Manchester Airport (MAN/EGCC)
- Zurich Airport (ZRH/LSZH)