Captain Sim has released a brand new update for their 767 Captain II. The new version, version 0.99, adds a few new features, along with numerous fixes which have been reported by the community.
The new additions with version 0.99 include support for Prepar3D v5 DirectX 12 support for Captain Sim’s GlaCS rain effect, new yoke checklist animations and also the ability to use mouse controls with the 3D HSI pop-ups. As for fixes, there have been numerous changes including changes to the APU cooldown procedure, a fix to the predicted distance to ETA and also fixes to the VNAV within the aircraft. Alongside that, the 4+4 door glass textures have been improved as well as a lighting fix for those using Prepar3D hotfix 2.
To update your aircraft product, you will need to download the version 0.99 installer from their website and reinstall the product.
Finally, it’s worth noting that Captain Sim has confirmed that the 767 Captain II will not feature in the Captain Sim annual sale.
The Captain Sim 767 Captain II is still in early-access until it reaches version 1.00. You can buy the early-access product from their store for $99.76 USD.
Captain Sim 767 Captain II v0.99 Changelog
- Airplane casting shadow in virtual cockpit views.
- P3D5 DirectX 12 support including GlaCS rain effect.
- Yoke checklist sliders animation.
- Mouse control added to 2D HSI pop-ups: right click switches between MAP and PLANE Mode; wheel Up/Down controls Range Selector.
- The autopilot doesn’t move the yoke.
- FMC: the first waypoint is always missing on an approach if you choose a transition.
- APU Cooldown/Shutdown procedure.
- The TAI annunciation should appear above the EICAS N1 indication when an engine anti ice valve is open.
- The timing of the landing gear animation is off. The doors should open before the gear starts moving. Main gear doors, then nose door, followed by all the gear retracting at the same time.
- VNAV cruise page showing an IAS instead of Mach.
- Predicted Distance to ETA or Altitude (PRED ETA-ALT) isn’t working.
- When doing a Go-around when trying to select CLB thrust at 1000ft on the TMSP in does not change to CLB it reamains on GA.
- VNAV DES NOW violation of altitude restrictions on the way down.
- When using assumed temperature, it only starts reducing the EPR reference value when reaching a selected temperature of +30C.
- P3D5 4+4-door pax glass textures improved.
- Drawing of the transition and restriction points on the HSI improved.
- Throttles out of sync issue fixed.
- Lights fx updated to P3D5 HF2 changes.
- FMC FIX page #2 fixed.
- Autopilot speed limit modes fixed.