Following on from the release of its 777-200ER for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Captain Sim has released its 777-300ER for the simulator. The twin-engine jet is the biggest (so far) in the 777 series and can carry up to 550 passengers (although typically ranges up to 380) at a typical speed of mach 0.84.
As with their previous release, this is mostly just a model add-on with animations throughout. The aircraft product uses the default 747-8 systems and simulation, with no comment on what improvements have been made since the 777-200ER came with many bugs upon release. The product comes with a virtual cabin, high definition textures and uses the simulator’s icing and rain systems.
It’s also confirmed that you can buy the 777-300ER as a standalone product and you are not required to own the 777-200ER to be able to use this product.
We were not impressed with Captain Sim’s offering with the 777-200ER and we can’t see there to be many changes with the -300ER other than the obvious modelling changes. That said, this is $10 cheaper and doesn’t require any base packs, which suggests that perhaps they are taking feedback into account.
If you feel like the 777-300ER by Captain Sim would make for a good addition to your sim, you can buy it from their store for $19.99 USD.
- Highly detailed and accurate model of the Boeing 777-300ER
- 4K Ultra-High resolution textures
- Cabin with 3D windows, interior, stewardess and animated pilots
- Hundreds of realistic animations including wing flex
Cockpit and Cabin
- Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation
- Highly detailed and accurate model including complete passenger cabin
- High resolution textures
- Custom views including wing views
- Supports most features of MSFS 2020 (rain/icing effects, sound etc)
- Standalone MSFS2020 expansion (no base pack required)
- ACE (Aircraft Configuration Editor) with Updater
- Growing number of easily installable free liveries
- Sim Ops