Important Update 01-Apr-21: Since publication, Tom from our team pointed out to us that CaptainSim has very limited plans to actually make the EICAS retrofit promised on their product page.
To quote the actual post from Markoz on the Captain Sim team: “I’m not so sure that the EICAS retrofit will happen any time soon, if at all! So good luck with the waiting.” This is in response to a question from another user who asked about the EICAS retrofit.
This information contradicts the product page which clearly states that the EICAS option will come in the future.
== Original Article ==
We shared the news a few weeks back that Captain Sim was working on a 737 Classic series for Prepar3D and today, it has been made available to buy under the “early access” banner. The first in the collection is the 737-300 BASE PACK and features a highly detailed and accurate digital replica of the classic jet from Boeing.
The newly release aircraft features a range of functionality including a working FMC complete with LNAV and VNAV autopilot, a working weather radar and also a EGPWS. In addition, the aircraft has cockpit states, a payload manager and rain effects using Captain Sim’s very own GlaCS technology. In the future, via a service pack, a retrofit EICAS option will also come.
For the outside, Captain Sim has modelled the 737-300 in rich detail with the CFM56-3B engines and also enables simmers to customise various equipment items such as winglets, antennas and so forth. There is also a virtual cabin with complete 3D windows, interior and animated pilots and cabin crew. Captain Sim has also included various animations and volumetric lighting. Other features include an authentic TSS sound set, aircraft configuration tool and various manuals ready for you to dig into.
The Captain Sim 737-300 BASE PACK is compatible with both Prepar3D v4 and v5 and is available now through their web store for $59.37 USD. As mentioned, the “early access” banner is on the product, so remember that when making a purchase. According to another page on the Captain Sim site, there are plans for a 737-400, -500 and freighter expansion pack, but no information is currently available for those products as of yet.
Thanks to Raz for the heads up.
- Functional flight deck loaded with advanced systems simulation (FMC/LNAV/VNAV/WXR/EGPWS etc)
- Retrofit EICAS option (coming soon)
- Cockpit states, PAX and payload configuration and management via FMC
- High resolution textures
- 18 aux 2D panels
- Custom views
- GlaCS (glass rain effects)
EXTERIOR AND CABIN
- Model of the Boeing 737-300 with CFM56-3B engines.
- Numerous variants of optional equipment (winglets, antennas, etc)
- Cabin with 3D windows, interior, stewardess and animated pilots
- Hundreds of realistic animations including wing flex
- Custom visual effects including volumetric lighting
- 2-in-1 installer (P3D4/5)
- Realistic flight model
- Authentic TSS sound set
- ACE (Aircraft Configuration Editor)
- Growing number of easily installable free liveries
- Repaint kit
- Navigraph FMC navdata including TP with AIRAC support
- Free Manual
- Sim Ops