After the teasing, Captain Sim has announced that they will in fact be bringing a new version of their 757 Captain series to both FSX and P3D. Dubbed as the 757 Captain III, the team aim to bring the whole family of Boeing jets to the modern sims. The first member of the 757 family joining the pack will be the 757-2PW. Described as a ‘highly detailed and accurate digital replica’ of the Boeing 757-200 with PW2037 and PW2040 engines. It will feature a fully functional flight deck with advance systems, custom night lighting and ‘top-notch’ exterior modelling with 3D windows.
Furthermore, it will feature a complete passenger cabin, high resolution texture, repaint kit and an aircraft configuration editor. The team also promise to have a realistic flight model and an authentic sound set.
Captain Sim are also looking for 10 more volunteers in assisting with the beta testing process in Prepar3D V4 this weekend. If you’re interested, head to their Facebook page announcement post and comment “P3D4 BETA TESTER”. If you have an ATPL licence, then you’re pre-approved.
As we get closer to release, we’ll keep you updated. Otherwise, check out their full feature list below. Although, we’re not sure what feature ‘Flights.’ is, maybe someone can let us know in the comments section below.
– Fully functional flight deck loaded with advanced systems simulation (FMC/LNAV/VNAV/WXR etc etc) Re-coded from scratch.
– All-new custom night lighting.
– Complete passenger cabin with in-flight entertainment system.
– Top-notch exterior model with 3D windows, cabin interior, passengers, stewardess and animated pilots.
– High resolution textures.
– Realistic flight model.
– Authentic sound set.
– ACE (Aircraft Configuration Editor).
– Repaint kit.
– Aux 2D panels.
– Custom visual effects.
– Custom views including wing views.
– Sim Ops.
– 715 (seven hundred fifteen) pages Manual.