Scenery developer Boundlesss Simulations has shared with FSElite an extensive roadmap for their future products. Whilst 2020 was an exciting year for the development team, the future looks even busier for them. They’ve already released a brand new update for Birmingham (EGBB) v2.0 and also a brand new product which will please helicopter pilots. There are also brand new airports announced for X-Plane 11.
Starting off with the update to Birmingham Airport on X-Plane 11, the new version comes with various bug fixes but is focuses on adding new features. Gate numbers and ground markings have been added, whilst PBR static ground service vehicles are now also present in the apron area. Furthermore, there are all new GA static aircraft, full Autogate support, marshallers and also an integrated guidance system. This is a free update for anyone who owns Birmingham Airport v1 and can be downloaded from their original purchase store.
In addition to the new version of Birmingham, Boundless has released a new product called Irish Helipads. The product has been developed in partnership with Ciano35 and includes 12 detailed helipads throughout the country. The X-Plane 11 product adds helipads to a range of locations such as Blacksod Lighthouse, Mayo University, Tallaght Hospital and also Waterford Rugby Pitch. The full list of included helipads is on their product page. You can buy Irish Helipads from Boundless Simulations’ store for £9.99 and it is available elsewhere but for a higher price.
Also in their roadmap are two new airports for X-Plane 11. The first of which to be announced is Shannon Airport (EINN). This, again, is being developed in partnership with Ciano35 and will feature custom made HD textures, buildings and a large surrounding area full of detail. Whilst the team say they are in the “early stages of development,” they intend to release the product in March 2021. Located on the west of Ireland, Shannon Airport sees airlines such as Aer Lingus and Ryanair provide flights across Europe as well as a few destinations on the east coast of the USA.
The final airport announced by Boundless Simulations is Palm Springs Airport (KPSP). This is the first time the developers have worked on an airport in the USA and will also come with a range of features similar to that of Shannon. Again, the product is in the early stages of development, but the team is looking to release late-March / early-April 2021. Palm Springs Airport in California sees a wide-range of traffic from a variety of domestic carriers to key cities such as LA, Dallas, and San Francisco.
With plenty of content to come from the developers, it may be worth following them on their Facebook page. In addition, the team has told us that anyone who signs up to their mailing list will receive a 30% discount code on any of their products from their store. You will need to sign up by the end of February to qualify.
Birmingham v2 Changelog
- Fixed runway lights misaligned
- Fixed sharp ortho cutoff behind GA area
- Improved terminal inaterior
- Added Gate numbers as ground markings
- Added 3D Grass
- Added new PBR Static ground service vehicles (Jet2 / Swissport)
- Added new HD GA Static Aircraft at GA Area
- Added full Autogate Support, marshallers, Jetways, Guidance Systems
- Reduced file size
Irish Helicopters Features
- 12 helipads and locations across Ireland
- Realistic night lighting of streets, sports fields and helipad lighting
- Custom helipad textures matching their real-life counterparts
- Custom Blacksod lighthouse building with rotating beacon
- Realistically modelled Irish ambulance with lights
- Each location given a 5-letter identifier that will show on the Avitab map when heliport filters are enabled
- Goal posts, dugouts, stands etc. placed in nearby GAA/football/rugby pitches, AstroTurf pitches etc.
- Nearby housing estates modelled with 100’s of accurately placed houses
- 1000’s of hand-placed trees
- 1000’s of placed cars in nearby car-parks
- Custom placed X-plane facades for each hospital