Boundless has released Alderney Island for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Developed in partnership with iniScene, the island and airport package has been developed to represent the UK island in stunning detail.
As part of the Channel Islands, Alderney is a small island that houses various ports, villages, forts and castles that make it a very historic and picturesque island. The island’s only airport sees regular visits from Aurigny to the island of Guernsey and also Southampton.
The product comes with a full recreation of the whole Island of Alderney with full high-resolution and hand-crafted orthoimagery. Throughout the island, the team has added numerous custom buildings and landmarks such as forts, shopping areas, and various villages and towns. As well as recreating the island, Boundless worked with iniScene to bring the airport to life with custom ground poly and 4K texture support.
- Faithful rendition of the Island of Alderney
- High-resolution, hand-corrected orthoimagery spanning the entire island
- Custom buildings for VFR landmarks, sevaral forts and hundreds of custom hand-placed placed objects
- Corrected mesh and realistic runway configurations as per official data
- Custom ground poly by iniScene
- 4K, PBR texturing in the airport area by iniScene