The guys over at ASDG has released a Super Cub for the X Plane platform based on the PA-18. Aircraft was first introduced in 1949 by Piper Aircraft with pieces from the PA-11 and the J-3 to the Taylor E-2 Cub of the 1930s. Over 40 years a total of 9000 aircrafts was made which is impressive.
Since that huge success it’s been modified in different ways which ASDG wants to bring into the simulator. It comes with both the original and a modern experimental version. Whether you’re flying bush, glider towing or just having real fun this is the aircraft for you.
Whole aircraft comes with 4K textures and it uses the famous PBR system. Flight model is modelled by Rush. Exact models to choose from:
- 150HP Super Cub (PA-18-150)
- 150HP Super Cub (PA-18-150) with Tundra Tires
- 180HP Experimental Super Cub with Tundra Tires (Constant Speed Prop)
Features that comes with this aircraft
- Current version supporting X-Plane 11 version 11.05
- SimCoders REP Package comes with the aircraft! Just install and you are ready to fly
- 3 Individual Flight Models! 150HP Titan™ X320 powered Super Cub, with a separate flight model for Tundra Tires and standard tires. 180HP Titan™ X340 Powered Super Cub + constant speed prop with Tundra wheels only.
- Engine performance data provided by Titan™ Engines by Continental
- Full 3D Landing gear animations
- Flight Dynamics and ground handling designed to allow pilots to land off airfield!
- Compare the flight differences between a constant speed propeller and a fixed pitch!
- 4K Textures, full PBR and individual reflections inside the cockpit
- 2 Included selectable cockpits for the 150HP Model. These include a IFR rated panel and a standard bare bones VFR panel
- High Definition CSL’s for online flying
- More updates and additions to come in the future as Xplane expands