Developer Aquila Simulations announced on the X-Plane.org forums that they would be developing Reno-Tahoe International Airport for X-Plane 11. The developers first started working on freeware scenery for FS 2004 and FSX, but slowly transitioned into making scenery for X-Plane 11. Aquila Simulations also announced that they are making Pensacola International Airport as freeware. However, Reno-Tahoe International Airport will be a payware airport due to the features and scope of the project.
In the forum post, it was said that detailed 3D airport buildings will be modelled, along with custom apron and taxiway textures, custom vegetation and animated ground traffic vehicles. The texture work will be completed with PBR materials for the most realistic look possible. Further to the airport, Aquila Simulations has said that the downtown Reno city will be modelled, along with other details such as the Nugget Casino Resort and Peppermill Resort.
You can follow the official forum thread to stay up to date. If any significant new details come from the forum, we’ll be sure to let you know.
The scenery was previously announced on June 29th, but it was brought to our attention by Discord user testflight357.
Current Feature List:
- Highly detailed custom 3D models for all airport buildings
- Downtown Reno city and other prominent / tall buildings near airport with colorful HDR night lighting as the city of Reno is known for (see list below).
- 0.5/feet resolution ortho imagery covering airport and surroundings
- Custom apron and taxiway textures
- Custom HDR lighting
- PBR textures
- Animated ground traffic vehicles
- AutoGate plugin compatible
- Custom vegetation (Trees, Volumetric grass, etc)
- World Traffic 3 compatible with custom operations file
Details outside the airport:
- Grand Sierra Resort
- Nugget Casino Resort
- Atlantis Casino Resort
- Peppermill Resort