We previewed some exclusive shots of Airworthy Designs’ Sint Maarten and now we can confirm that it is now available to purchase via the Org store. Dubbed as TNCM – Princess of the Caribbean – Part 1, the product promises to deliver a highly detailed rendition of the famous airport prior to the devastating impact Hurricane Irma left in her wake.
In part 1 of the package, X-Plane 11 users will be able to enjoy area coverage of the whole island as well as the island of Anguilla. On Sint Maarten, coverage for both Princess Juliana and Grand Case airports have been covered, including handcrafted mesh to ensure the runways slope as they do in real life. 50cm/px resolution covers the island, with 10cm/px being used in the airport surroundings.
Of course, no rendition of Princess Juliana airport would be complete with Maho Beach being completed in high resolution detail with PBR shading, 3D people and trees and more. It should be noted that AutoGate and GroundTraffic (including Maritime Traffic and AI Aircraft) are not included in this version. It will be added in a patch some time after release.
You can grab the product now from the Org store for $32.95.
Full feature list:
- Scenery created by use of on-site photography references
- Area of coverage: Sint Maarten island (Princess Juliana and Grand Case airports) and the island of Anguilla (only photoscenery)
- Custom Mesh: Handcrafted mesh to match runway slopes as per the AIP and terrain modifications to give the most realism possible to the scenery
- Satellite Photo: 50cm/px resolution licensed from Airbus
- Custom Grount textures: over 10px/cm nearby the airport surroundings
- HD Buildings: The Famous Maho Beach rendered with HD textures and PBR shading effects for reflections on water and metallic surfaces
- Terminal Interiors
- 3d People and Trees
- Custom Night Lighting: realistic apron lighting matching colors and light intensity of the real airport
- Custom Autogen: the whole Island is covered in scenery
- Custom Static Aircraft
- Multiple detail configurations available planned for detail or speed