Letting holiday flight fans hearts beat faster, Aerosoft has recently released their detail-rich rendition of Chania International Airport (LGSA) for MSFS.
Chania Daskalogiannis International Airport (LGSA) is an international airport situated close to Souda Bay on the Akrotiri peninsula on the Greece island of Crete. Together with the island’s other airport, Heraklion International Airport (LGIR), they constitute the main gateways to this iconic Greek holiday destination. Interestingly, the airport is named after Ioannis Daskalogiannis, the former leader of the revolution of the Sfakia region that took place in 1770.
Although initially only serving as a military airfield, the airport eventually saw the beginning of commercial operations in 1959 with the transfer of operations from the then outdated Maleme airport. Today, the airport harbors both; commercial and military operations and sees mainly seasonal flights, including Austrian Airlines to Vienna, Finnair to Helsinki, and Luxair to Luxembourg.
German scenery developer Aerosoft has recently released this historic Greece holiday airport for MSFS. The developer claims that the product comes included with many notable features, among others, custom-created, high-detail 3D objects, extensive PBR texture use, custom animated vehicles, and customized dynamic night lighting.
The scenery is now available for purchase via the simMarket online store and will cost you €16.79 E.x. VAT.
- Realistic depiction of the airport layout and objects
- Highly detailed custom ground polygons
- Highly detailed custom 3D objects with full PBR textures covering the entire airport area
- Improvement of the vegetation inside the airport perimeter and at the surrounding area
- Added main landmarks at airport’s surrounding area
- Custom animated flags at the terminal
- Custom animated vehicles at the apron area
- Custom animated windsock
- Fully customized dynamic lights
- Sloped runway