After being announced by Aerosoft back in July, Chania airport has been released. The scenery, made by Emmanuel Stefanakis, is available on the Aerosoft shop for €19,29. The airport is available for Prepar3D v4 only.
Chania ‘Ioannis Daskalogiannis’ International Airport (LGSA) is located on the Greek island of Crete. The airport serves a large number of European airlines with seasonal destinations.
The airport comes with highly detailed models and textures, dynamic lights (limited to the apron area), animated vehicles, automatic season texture changes and SODE animated wind socks. The airport also includes imagery for the surrounding area, which comes with custom aut0-gen trees, vehicles and 3D buildings. This surrounding area includes a mountain south of the airport, which will be covered with snow depending on the time of the year.
- High detailed ground textures and runway – taxiway lines
- Fully depicted new apron layout, parking positions lines and markings
- High detailed 3D objects
- High detailed 3D buildings including the new terminal building completed in 2018
- More than 39.000 custom autogenous trees, vehicles and 3D buildings covering the entire imagery area
- Dynamic lights in the apron area
- Polygon/FX lighting if no dynamic lights are used
- Animated vehicles in the apron area
- SODE fully animated windsocks
- Automatic seasonal textures change for fall winter spring and summer (ORBX and Default versions)
- Pre-rendered self-shadowing (Ambient Occlusion) at 3D objects
- Fully compatible with ORBX Global, ORBX Vector, and ORBX Open LC Europe
- Mesh terrain enhancement for the Airport’s Peninsula and the whole western Crete
- Detailed Coastlines
- Snowy “White Mountains” (the 8.045ft mountain at the south of the Airport) from October to May (the snow coverage changes every month)
- Sun reflections on ground (more visible during dawn and dusk)
- High detailed night lighting including detailed 3D taxi and runway lighting with automatic activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
- High detailed 3d grass
- FLAi and default AI traffic
Thanks to Daniel for the tip.