Aerosoft has released their rendition of Tenerife South airport, making it the third developer to release an add-on for this airport. The Aerosoft version is part of their ‘Canary Islands Professional‘ series, which also includes other Canary Islands such as El Hierro, La Palma and La Gomera. The scenery has been developed by Sim-wings.
The news of the release came as a bit of a surprise, as the last time we heard anything from Aerosoft in regard to this scenery was all the way back in December of 2017. Since then, other developers such as MK-Studios and Digital Designs have released sceneries for this airport.
Aerosoft’s Tenerife Sur comes with several features, such as highly detailed textures of the south part of the Island, PBR textures and effects, SODE jetways, animated vehicle traffic, interior modelling and more. A full feature list can be found at the bottom of this post. Aerosoft has also done a lot of work to work with the P3Dv4 SDK, to make the installation of this add-on and usage of extra features as easy as possible.
Canary Islands Professional – Tenerife Sur is available for Prepar3D v4.4, and Prepar3D v4.5 is required for PBR wet effects. You can purchase it from the Aerosoft shop for €24,33.
- Highly detailed Tenerife South Airport scenery with Tenerife Island
- High-resolution aerial image for the airport and island of Tenerife (Airport LOD 18 = 15-25 cm/pixel, Island LOD 17 = 30-45 cm/pixel), extensively colour-corrected for true aerial colours
- Detailed ground markings based on recent charts of parking stands and new taxiway layouts (Airac 1906). Includes recent main taxiway extension and huge changes of taxiway layout
- High-definition height mesh with 5 m resolution for the entire Island
- Autogen buildings and vegetation at all parts of the aerial image area
- Extremely detailed Tenerife South airport buildings with interior designs at apron side and infrastructure buildings
- Detailed animated jetway models (CTRL-J), SODE jetways available as optional download
- Functional Safegates at all gates, no need for any other add-on to get working VGDS
- Functional windsocks
- Pre-rendered self-shadowing (Ambient Occlusion) at buildings
- Animated vehicle traffic on the apron and around the airport
- Detailed AFCAD file with airline parking codes, recent ILS changes and approach procedures
- Extended configuration tool
- Straightforward installation: no changes to default configuration necessary. No SODE needed for full functionality (despite for optional SODE jetways), everything is programmed using SDK features
- Optimized dynamic lighting (can be turned off per area via the config menu)
- Optimized 3D runway lighting with automatic activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
- Use of PBR materials for ground water effects and windows (can be switched off to use of normal P3D v4 materials)
- Configuration tool will automatically recognize which version of Prepar3D is used
- Enhanced default scenery of GCXO (Tenerife North). GCXO “Lite scenery” containing animated jetways, dynamic lights