Taking community members by surprise, famed scenery and aircraft developer Aerosoft has recently published its rendition of Alta Airport (ENAT) for X-Plane 11.
Located on the northern tip of the Norwegian mainland, the international airport of Alta (ENAT) mainly serves as the gateway to the Finnmark region, comprising the cities of Alta, Tromso, and Hammerfest, to name but just a few. Interestingly, the town of Alta is considered to be the 7th largest city in Norway and is famous for its rock carvings, considered a UNESCO world heritage site.
The international airport of Alta (ENAT) began construction back in 1962. It officially opened its doors on May 4th, 1963, with, due to the incompletion of the main terminal building, a standard shed having to be used for passenger handling. Initial services operated from the airfield included flights to Kirkenes, Lakselv, Oslo, and Tromsø, all performed by Scandinavian Airline Systems (SAS) using their Convair CV-440 Metropolitan fleet. Today, the airport sees three mainline carriers operating scheduled services from its grounds, including SAS, Norwegian Air Shuttle, and Wideroe. In addition to scheduled services, Aegean Airlines also operates charter flights to Chania, Greece, during the summer season.
German developer Aerosoft has just released its faithfully recreated rendition of this Nordic airfield for X-Plane 11. The developer indicates that the scenery comes with all the usual bells and whistles, particularly highlighting seasonal variations, including the build-up of snow. In combination with the custom mesh, this is set to provide users with an awe-inspiring ambiance during winter operations. Additionally, it is worth mentioning that the airport also comes with high-resolution photo scenery (20cm/pixel) covering the airports’ grounds and 50cm/pixel photo scenery covering an area of about 50km² surrounding the airfield.
This scenery can, as of now, be purchased by interested customers through either, the Aerosoft Online Store or the simMarket Online Store. The scenery will set you back €15.08 E.x. VAT. The complete feature list can be observed below.
- Realistic rendition of Alta Airport (ENAT, ALF)
- All airport buildings recreated in high detail
- Models and textures based real world photography
- Created using optimal modelling and texturing techniques for best performance and visuals
- Custom flag animations
- Animated marshaller (SAM Plugin required)
- Realistic HDR night lighting
- Custom approach and runway lights including lead in lights for RWY29
- Modeled terminal interior
- Static aircraft included
- High resolution photo scenery (20cm/pixel) covering the airport boundary
- Large coverage of 50cm/pixel photo scenery (46.7km²)
- Seasonal variations (SAM Plugin required)