After many years of development, the Aerosoft A330 Professional for Prepar3D V4 has been released.
The A330 Professional models the wide-body Airbus A330-300 with RR engines in P3Dv4. Designed to be “focused on the day to day operation of the aircraft from the left seat”, the product includes a wide range of features to give simmers an immersive experience. Included is a full custom fly-by-wire system which has functional stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection and auto trim. The aircraft also simulates systems such as the autopilot, the MCDU and much more.
Also included is an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB), which simulates various aspects from right inside the cockpit. From charts and flows to multiple websites and performance information, the EFB has been included to give you easy access to a range of resources. You can also read documents such as the included manuals from the seat. A functional weather radar (with default weather or any engine) is also included, along with a working RAAS from FS2Crew.
In total, 13 liveries are packaged including Virgin Atlantic, Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa and the Airbus house colours. The different liveries have variations on their modelling to include the different SAT devices and usable emergency doors. Other features worth noting is the inclusion of a built-in camera system to cycle between views, ground service units (e.g. GPU, chocks), and an interactive co-pilot who can perform actions within the aircraft. A full list of features can be found below.
You can buy the Aerosoft A330 for €58.70 (excluding tax/VAT, when applicable). This is a stand-alone purchase. The good news is that if you owned the A320/321 or the A319/18 Professional packs, then you will only pay €40.56 (plus VAT) as part of an upgrade fee.
Update: all systems go. A special 10% discount has been added for the first 24 hours of sale. See the forum post for details.
It’s worth noting that Aerosoft is encouraging people to first read the release notes prior to purchasing the aircraft so people are aware of some current limitations.
Aerosoft A330 Professional Features
- Simulation of the A330 focused on the day to day operation of the aircraft from the left seat
- The cockpit is equipped as it is with large airlines, with the most up to date instruments
- Sublime modelling/texturing based on the latest technologies, very easy on framerates
- Full rain and rain repellent effects using TrueGlass (from TFDi Design)
- Dozens of non-standard animations, all with sound effects (sunscreens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass, drooping flight surfaces etc.). All main doors and cargo hatches can be opened. Extensive options to show ground objects (cones, ground power etc.) and to provide ground power
- Included web server that allows you to access (and use) the MCDU via any web browser; ideal for tablet computers
- Includes an Electronic Flight Bag that gives access to flows, checklists, flightplans, documents and charts. You will see the aircraft on the chart making navigation a lot easier
- Extensive manuals
- Add-in View system: adds many pre-defined views for easy use, emulates 2D panel views
- Add-in Sound system: adds hundreds of background sounds to enhance the immersion
- Includes our Semi-Intelligent co-pilot that assist you in your flights and runs checklists and flows with you
- Connected Flight Deck v2 that uses a server-based system making it very easy to join other pilots and to fly as Co-Pilot or Observer
- Designed from the start with PBR technology for ALL textures
- Fully custom Fly-by-Wire systems with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection, auto trim
- Fully custom autopilot systems, with full Cat III auto land, V/S, Managed CLB/DES, OP CLB/DES, heading and NAV modes; VNAV and LNAV included; FPA/TRK included
- Fully custom thrust computer systems (FADEC), throttle with detents, FLEX take-off
- Very complete MCDU (can be controlled via web browser, for example on tablet computers), also, information can be inserted using the keyboard
- Flight plans supports SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, go-arounds, holds, Managed climbs and descent, constraints, and direct-to route editing
- VOR tracking implemented, DME arcs supported
- Comes with NavDataPro (LIDO) navigation database but compatible with Navigraph. Includes current AIRAC Data at the time of release (so not a free outdated version) and this can be updated by the user at any moment
- Complete FS2Crew Runway Awareness and Advisory System included (a €30 value!) – locked to these aircraft
- 28 ECAM pages included, showing relevant aircraft information
- Full features ADIR`s system
- Full feature TCAS system (including audio warnings) for AI Traffic, IVAO, VATSIM
- Full custom electrical bus system, with realistic battery run down and voltages
- Navigation display with curved lines, de-cluttering, stopwatch, selected navaid, runway information, range change, mode change, stopwatch etc. Includes Terrain Display option
- Full featured loading and refueling module (interfaced with the simulator) with advanced and simple mode
- In cockpit printer functional to print out the information you need to keep on hand
- Fully functional Weather Radar with Manual and Multiscan. Works with ANY weather add-on (and even without weather add-on) and reads the actual weather that is inserted in simulator. This is a unique development! It even shows ground clutter making the WX a navigation tool
- Tiller can be operated by additional axis.
- Advanced brakes with realistic brake temperatures (modelling Goodrich Carbon brakes)
- Engine models fully updated, highly accurate thrust, EPR, N1, N2, EGT, FF
- Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC (optional)
- View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D (11) and 3D views (16)
- Contains in total 16 Checklists from COCKPIT PREPARATION to PARKING
- Checklists mainly start automatic based on the flight situation p. e. the BEFORE TAKE CL automatically starts when plane reaches the runway holding point, DESCENT PREPARATION CL 9 NM from TOD etc
- Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
- Option included that the PnF also performs certain settings (gear up, flaps settings etc.) which are part of the checklists
- Info bar displaying the next action
- Ground services (toggle of external objects, chocks, pylons, ground power unit)
- Doors control (controls all doors and hatches)
- Tier 1 product for PMDG Global Flight Operations
- 1 SAT antenna normal door:
- DRAGON AIR B-LAB
- EDELWEIS HB-JHQ
- LION PK-LEF
- VIRGIN ATLANTIC G-VKSS
- CORSAIR F-HSKY
- 1 SAT antenna small door:
- AIR_CANADA C-GFAF
- CATHAY PACIFIC B-LBJ
- EUROWINGS O-OSFB
- SAUDIA HZ-AQI
- SINGAPORE AIRLINES 9V-SSB
- 2 SAT antennas small door:
- LUFTHANSA D-AIKO
- SWISS HB-JHK
- AIRBUS HOUSECOLOR