Aerosoft has released it’s Balearic Islands Professional package. This package bundles the popular holiday destinations Ibiza, Menorca and Mallorca into one. The ‘Professional’ version denotes it’s Prepar3D v4 exclusive features. Though the Balearic Islands addon comes as a bundle, Aerosoft has also released the ‘Professional’ version for all of these airports separately.
The price of the Balearic Islands bundle is €47,56, and for people that had purchased the previous version there is a special upgrade price of €15,67. The price of the individual addons (each of the island addons separately) is €20,13, and for these addons the upgrade price is €8,27. Please note that all prices here are VAT excluded.
It should be noted that, though this ‘Professional’ bundle has some P3Dv4 exclusive features, the previous version of the Balearic Islands (both bundled and separate, also known as Evolution X) are also compatible with P3Dv4. A full feature list can be found below.
- Up to date aerial images of the whole archipelago with 0.5m/pixel
- Up to date airport facilities (car parks, etc.)
- Ground shadows with pre-rendered lights (raytracing lights)
- Up to date Taxiway lines for PP, taxiways, etc. incl. new markings
- Custom taxiway, RWY, and 3D apron lighting
- Lots of static and animated vehicles, e.g. buses, carts, etc.
- Grass between taxiways
- Complex AFCAD
New in the P3Dv4 version:
- All code (BGLs) compiled with P3D V4 SDK, using new material options and being performance optimised to the new engine
- All objects optimised for new shadow technology
- Ground layout following P3DV4 SDK
- High-resolution satellite images (ca. 0.5 m/px) covering the whole island
- Appropriate autogen and city objects
- Photo realistic coverage of the islands can optionally be turned off
- New highly detailed elevation models for the islands with a resolution of 5 m
- Numerous static vehicles like buses, baggage carts, etc.
- Animated jetways (STRG-J), SODE jetways as an option*
- New, optimised 3D runway lighting with activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
- Apron lamps with new effects and dynamic light
- Changed AFCAD approaches to AirDac 1804
- Dynamic vehicles on airport feeder and apron (AESLite)
- Scenery registration following P3D V4 add-on.xml procedure
- Configuration tool to control some options