Announced last month by Stairport Sceneries, Istanbul XP is now available for X-Plane 11. Developed in partnership with Scenery TR, this is a faithful recreation of the new Istanbul Airport (LTFM) that comes with a variety of features depicting the Turkish airport.
The airport replaced the old Atatürk Airport and serves as Turkey’s biggest and busiest airport. The airport saw over 50 million passengers pre-pandemic but certainly has the capacity to grow even bigger once the global situation stabilises. Turkish Airlines is by far the biggest airline at the airport, but the airport does also see the likes of Pegasus Airlines, Red Wings Airlines, and many other European carriers frequent the airport.
The large international airport has been created using highly detailed modelling and photo-realistic texturing on airport buildings and vehicles. Throughout the airport is also animated jetways and vehicles, realistic static aircraft and custom taxiway signs that are based on current airport diagrams. In addition, the team has included seasonal texture replacement when using the SAM plugin, meaning the airport can look correct regardless of the time of year. Both developers have also worked to ensure that Istanbul XP is compatible with Ortho4XP.
- Highly detailed virtual replica of the airport buildings and their surroundings
- Photo-realistic textures on airport buildings and vehicles
- High resolution ground textures, detailed markings and full PBR
- Custom 3D taxiway signs
- Animated jetways, VDGS and Marshaller (SAM plugin required)
- Own animated vehicles (SAM AirportVehicles required)
- HDR night lighting
- Custom environment with hand-placed oxy-fuel and water
- Realistic static planes included
- Custom street layout
- Seasonal texture adjustments (SAM plugin required)
- Compatible with Ortho4XP
- Navdata AIRAC 2104 included