A brand new update has been released for Aerosoft’s CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new update, which brings it to version 1.0.4, adds a vast number of changes and improvements to the product. This update was released just after Sim Update IV was released and is likely released in preparation for the upcoming CRJ expansion pack coming from Aerosoft.
This update brings a number of changes that improve how the aircraft handles in the simulator. For example, a number of VNAV issues have been addressed, meaning that the aircraft now handles levelling off much better. Furthermore, flaps and slats are now modelled correctly based on the operating handbook reference data for the new flap models. According to the changelog, the flight dynamics are also improved with it being most noticeable during take-off, landing, and also in windy/turbulent weather.
Other notable changes include the addition of custom glide path calculations, a new “low-cost carrier” mode for the PA and flight deck announcements and also model improvements to the CRJ 550. The full changelog of improvements and additions can be found down below or on the Aerosoft website.
The extensive update is free to all customers and is already available to download. If you bought the aircraft through Aerosoft’s store (or similar), then you can download the update now. If you purchased directly through the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace, you will be notified that an update is available and you’ll be able to download through the sim.
If you don’t already own the Aerosoft CRJ, then you can buy it from Aerosoft for €42.01 (excluding VAT). If you’re unsure whether you want to pick up the aircraft, check out our review on the Aerosoft CRJ for Microsoft FLight Simulator.
Update: Another hotfix was also released to address an issue with the throttles in the simulator. You can now get version 1.0.4 now.
Article updated to reflect a minor hotfix (v1.0.4) was released to address some throttle issues.
- Changed ETA calculation to base on current UTC time instead of ATD
- Fixed NAV frequencies on MCDU Radio Page showing 0.0 after LOC tuned
- Fixed Coupled VNAV not initiating descent
- Limited range for PFD slip indicator
- Limited range for PFD flight director
- ETA calculation on MFD DATA FPLN Progress page
- ETA calculation on MCDU PERF INIT page 3/3
- Improvements to GPWS mode 3 (altitude loss after takeoff)
- Improvements to GPWS mode 5 (below glideslope)
- Flaps/Slats EICAS animation corrected
- Flaps/Slats exterior model animation corrected
- Added custom glide path calculation
- Adapted GS Hold to custom GS
- Fixed wrong lbs-kg conversion in EFB ZFW input
- Removed duplicate PA “Remain Seated” after landing
- Added “Low cost carrier” mode for PA and FD announcements (no drinks, no coffee, no sandwiches)
- Increased volume for Gear Up/Down sounds inside the cockpit
- VNAV improvements. Better handling of intermediate level offs
- Fixed EFB ZFW input
- Fixed transparency issue with CRJ-550/700 LOD1 models
- Added functions to allow 180+ degree turns into a given direction
- Added reduced bank angle to MSFS version
- Fixed CF Leg drawing for right turns (Test case: EGHH/26 – EGHH/ILS26/BIA)
- Verified CF Leg drawing for left turns (Test case: EGHI/20 – EGHI/20/EAS)
- Last direct waypoint now disappears from DIR INTC page after the aircraft passed it.
- Fixed route zig zagging
- Fixed bearing pointers
- Fixed missing SID-Enroute transitions at end of list
- Fixed wrong heading calculation if both longitudes on a track are equal
- Added support for hardware flaps axis
- Added support for hardware spoiler axis
- Fixed ALT mode switching to ALTS CAP instead of PITCH
- Added icao_xxx entries to aircraft.cfg
- Updated CRJ-550 model
- Custom Glideslope Hold
- Landing and takeoff behavior improvements in flight model
- Fixed arc and radius to fix drawing routines
- New throttle control mechanics via Simconnect
- Improved ground and flight spoiler effects
- Cruise performance fine tuned to new atmospheric model
- Take of rotation improved by modified slats/flaps behaviour and new V-Stabilizer calculation
- Improved flight spoiler to meet real world descent rates
- Improved ground spoiler effect for correct lift dumping effect at touch down
- Over all stability in flight improved to feel less wind and turbulence effects
- All flaps stages matching operating handbook reference data and are based on new flaps model
- Correct CoG empty display in modified UI
- UI Load stations with max value reference data
- Fixed (INTC) to Arc leg sequencing (GCFV/01 LORP4Q SID)
- Added arrow in flightplan display for arc legs (RF/AF) with the overfly flag set