Aerosoft have updated their Aspen Extended scenery.
Specific fixes after the break.
FSX/PREPAR3d FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
– Improved seasonal blending from default landclass to photoscenery layers.
– Added static private jets to KASE.
– Removed default I-PKN localizer model and lights from Aspen Mountain.
– Removed unrealistic default CO03 flatten platform (visible on hills to west on runway 15 approach) and replaced with sloped gravel runway and start points.
– Fixed crashes at higher realism settings when taxiing onto runway from some jetways.
– Fixed duplicate parking spot warning
FSX SPECIFIC FIXES:
– Users of FSX Acceleration may see double windsocks. To fix this, disable Aspen_Windsocks_DX9.bgl or Aspen_Windsocks_DX10.bgl (whichever is in use) by renaming the file type from ‘bgl’ to ‘.off’. Then copy all 6 files from Scenery/FSX acceleration windsocks into your /Scenery folder.
PREPAR3D SPECIFIC FIXES:
– Replaced streetlight flares to fix P3d bug where LOD models do not first become visible until close to user.
– Ground markings recreated in P3d v2+ native format to minimize floating objects/shadows.
– Implemented draw-call batching and draw-call optimization (c.50% fewer draw calls on most models).
– House and car model density settings implemented: use FSX/Prepar3d ‘Scenery Density’ (NOT ‘Autogen Scenery Density’) to switch. EXTREMELY DENSE/VERY DENSE = 100% models, DENSE = 80% models, NORMAL = 60% models, SPARSE = 40% models, VERY SPARSE = 20%.
– Implemented ability to switch between resource intensive animated and static gondola models (static model enabled by default). Rename ‘Aspen_gondola_animated.bgl’ to ‘Aspen_gondola_animated.off’ AND ‘Aspen_gondola_static.off’ to ‘Aspen_gondola_static_bgl’ to disable animated and enable static gondola.
– Many textures optimized.