A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one! Over on the Aerosoft forums, Mathijs Kok announced they are working on Chania, Crete (LGSA). The announcement was coupled by a few previews of the scenery, and an extensive list of features. Unfortunately more information on the project wasn’t given yet, and that’s including the name of the scenery which, according to Mathijs’ post, has yet to be determined. But for now we can look forward to high detail models and textures, custom autogen in the area surrounding the airport, seasonal textures and more.
Chania is a popular tourist destination on the island of Crete, particularly with those from Nordic countries. Its airport is the 6th busiest in all of Greece, and offers a long list of (almost entirely seasonal) destinations all over Europe.
- High detailed ground textures and runway – taxiway lines including the new apron parking positions and lines modified in summer 2018.
- High detailed 3d objects
- High detailed 3d buildings including the new terminal building completed in 2018.
- More than 39.000 custom autogen trees, vehicles and 3d buildings in the airport’s surrounding area.
- Dynamic lights in the apron area
- Animated vehicles in the apron area
- SODE fully animated windshocks
- Seasonal textures for fall winter spring and summer
- Fully compatible with ORBX Global and ORBX Vector
- Mesh terrain enchancment
- Detailed Coastlines
- Snowy “White Mountains” (the 8.045ft mountain at the south of the Airport) from October to May (the snow coverage changes every month)
- Sun reflections on ground (more visible during dawn and dusk)
- High detailed night lighting including detailed 3d taxi and runway lighting
- High detailed 3d grass