Announced on their blog, Aerosoft has released their much-anticipated Airport Genoa “Cristoforo Colombo” add-on scenery for X-Plane 11 developed by Gayasim in collaboration with Stairport Sceneries.
Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport is built on an artificial peninsula 4 nautical miles west of Genoa, Italy. It is known for its scenic view of the Ligurian Sea on approach which you’ll experience in the sim with animated ships included. Many well-known airlines operate out of here to destinations throughout Europe such as Paris, London, Moscow, Madrid and Frankfurt.
Aerosoft’s rendition offers a comprehensive list of features including 187sq/km of aerial imagery, a realistic ground layout, numerous custom objects, animated jetways and more which you can find in the features list at the end of this article.
You can grab a hold of Aerosoft Airport Genoa (LIMJ) exclusively for X-Plane 11 on the Aerosoft Shop for a price of €20.97 (Excl. VAT).
- High-resolution photoreal coverage of 187 km².
- Includes custom models for the city and the harbours of Genoa.
- Well-detailed, accurate and high-quality renders of Genoa airport (LIMJ), including baked/pre-rendered shadows and realistic transparency of the terminal windows.
- Unique, realistic and accurate airport night light (runway, taxiways, aprons, surroundings).
- Accurate and realistic ground poly based on photos and satellite images.
- A large number of custom objects dedicated to Genoa airport and city – cars, trucks, buses, airport equipment, boats (many types), static aircraft, and more.
- Landable helipads at Sheraton Hotel and City Hospital.
- Accurate renders of the harbour and many objects along the approach.
- Realistic and accurate ILS offset of 2 degrees.
- Animated jetways, VDGS and hangars (SAM plug-in required).
- 3D volumetric grass between taxiways.
- Massively optimised for good performance.
- Animated ships around the airport.
- Custom mesh for the airport runway over the sea (by Maps2XPlane).
- Custom-made realistic static aircraft, including:
- Bell 412 SP (Guardia Costiera).
- Hughes NH-500MC (BredaNardi).
- Piaggio P-180 Avanti.
- Piper Archer 2 PA-28 Aeroclub Genova.
- Automatic low-visibility lighting.
- Custom WorldTraffic 3 configuration files included.