Aeroplane Heaven has issued a service update for their Spitfire Mk1A. The update aims to fix a number of issues that users have been experiencing with the plane since its release just under two weeks ago. The update, that goes by the name ‘Service Update 1.4‘, contains changes to the plane model, flight model and textures. Some of the more notable issues that have been fixed are the ground handling and the tailwheel behaviour, as well as the Fuel Pressure cock. Also fixed are the engine and oil coolant temperature gauges and the alternator switch. A full changelog of the update can be found at the end of this post.
Additionally, the update includes a new livery. You can now fly the plane around in a plane aluminium livery to show off all the beautiful lines of the airplane.
- True castoring tailwheel added with new ground-handling code.
- Revised livery textures for more authenticity
- Improved textures and extra detail in some areas.
- Revised coding for Alternator Switch
- Engine Oil and Coolant temperature gauges re-coded to give more accurate function.
- 10,000 ft. needle added to Altimeter
- Gyro compass and knob improved for better function
- Pedal action reversed
- KiGass primer re-animated ( start position IN).
- Fuel Pressure cock and primer sequence re-coded.
- Light leak on panel shroud eliminated.
- Gear indicator lights switch now functional on throttle quadrant.
- Improved engine performance envelope
- Adjustments made to ground handling to counter SU5 and WU6 changes in sim.
- “gap” in engine startup sequence removed.