Announced on the Aerosoft Blog, the widely popular flight simulator recently renowned for it’s out of the box VR capabilities, Aerofly FS 2 has received a minor update.
Version 2.04.03.15 brings along a new aircraft, the Robinson R22 Beta II helicopter (previews below), liveries, the addition of over 120 helipads, added controller compatibility, existing aircraft fixes and more which can be found in the changelog at the end of this article.
- Added Robinson R22 Beta II helicopter with a highly detailed 3D model based on a 3D scan of the real aircraft and full dynamics flight model, including a fully articulated multi-body rotor simulation in combination with a dynamic inflow aerodynamics model including ground effect, translational lift and auto-rotation state. The flight model has been fine-tuned together with R22 pilots.
- The helicopter comes in nine different liveries and is included in the default aircraft fleet.
- Added Heliports are available as starting points in location menu
- Added over 120 helipads
- Added Default support for Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder
- Added Default support for Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA PAS helicopter controller
- Added Aircraft selection menu remembers last selected repaint for each aircraft
- Added External pan around camera can be moved towards and away from the aircraft
- Changed Yaw string behaviour improved
- Changed Yaw damper turn coordination improved in all aircraft with yaw damper
- Changed B747 and LJ45 crew alerting systems: Added numerous new messages, scrolling through messages, new messages pushed to top, new messages flashing, acknowledge messages to stop flashing, natural delays between cause and warning detection
- Added Some alerts automatically cancelled after several seconds, e.g. flashing altitude alerts, flashing master caution and warnings
- Added Brakes are held for you when the simulation is started, increase thrust to start rolling
- Added A320 stall warning speeds calculated from the angle of attack and gross weight
- Fixed Q400 button press and hold functions: HSI ILS format, ALT SEL disable, TCAS on/off
- Fixed C172 low fuel warning threshold
- Fixed F18 half and full flap indications
A complete changelog can be found here.