The Lancair Legacy RG is rated for being one of the fastest non-turbine general aviation aircraft known. Categorized as an experimental, Lancair is capable of performing aerobatics, and it’s perfectly designed to also be an efficient and economical cruiser. The Lancair Legacy RG fits the best of both worlds.
Developed by Aerobask, who are well known for their DA-42 for X-Plane, the Lancair has been created with care on a number of fantastic features for the user such as, high detail interior and exterior, FMOD sounds, and accurate flight model just to name a few.
The Lancair is a two-seat, low-wing, kit (experimental), retractable gear aircraft. The aircraft comes alive with a powerful Continental IO-550 310hp engine making it capable to achieve a cruise speed of 276 mph, and a fuel range 1,000 nm.
- Highly detailed 3D model interior and exterior
- PBR 4K textures
- High-quality FMOD sounds from Daniela Rodríguez Careri, based on custom recordings from Legacy reg. N637PG
- High accuracy flight model by X-Aerodynamics (tuned for experimental flight model)
- Real and custom 4K liveries with assorted interiors
- Stock but highly realistic GNS530
- Native support of RXP GTN750 in replacement of GNS530+SL70 (Windows only, separate product needed)
- Continental IO-550 310hp engine
- VR ready
Custom-coded SASL instruments:
- Avidyne EXP5000 EFIS
- Avidyne DFC90 Autopilot
- J.P. Instruments VM1000C engine management system
- Mountain High EDS-2ip oxygen system
- A.F.S. AOA Pro angle of attack indicator
- Garmin SL30 COM/NAV
- Apollo SL70 Transponder
- Aerospace Logic CO200 digital clock
- Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module
- Full-mode FMOD aircraft (no legacy/default sounds)
- Full Continental IO-550 simulation (separate combustion, prop, starter, exhaust sounds).
- Accurate doppler, distance attenuation, and flyby effects.
- Aviation headset simulation based on binaural recordings.
- Oxygen system sounds (mask donning, breathing for both pilot and co-pilot)
- Custom ambiance sounds (rain, skid, rolling on different surfaces, strut compression, airframe shaking).
- Dynamic airflow effects on extreme maneuvers and airframe stress on high Gs.
- Custom radio sounds (morse, markers)
- Canopy airflow simulation (if you don’t follow proper canopy procedures!)
- Based on actual recordings and references from a custom-built real-life Lancair Legacy.
- Tested intensively in VR for maximum immersion