As we all know P3D got a hotfix yesterday. One of the things that usually holds people back from updating straight away, is Active Sky.
Not this time though. Soon after Lockheed Martin released the hotfix, Hifi Simtech released the update required for Active Sky 16 and Active Sky Cloud Art to work with the new hotfix.
The full changelog can be found on the Active Sky forums. For the sake of convenience it has also been pasted in this article.
– Fixed an issue where custom weather METAR was not included in current_wx_snapshot.txt
– Added functionality where Disabling cloud motion effect (cloud options) now prevents all high-res cloud detection and should improve performance when in/near clouds
– Attempted improved P3D volumetric fog visibility blending to prevent visibility from rendering too low in certain cases as well as improving performance
– Fixed a get runway API issue
– P3D Compatibility Updates for version 188.8.131.5268
– Added new Random Light Chop Percentage option, default 25%, which controls the frequency of experience random light chop turbulence independent of weather conditions
– Adjusted wind/jet layer boundary turbulence triggers to be less severe based on user feedback
– Fixed annoyance issue where AS wx theme would not be selected in saved flights as a BMP theme file was missing (did not affect weather depiction, only wx theme name shown in saved flights)
– Added reference to FSX:SE with explanation of potential path names within Simconnect chapters of the user’s guide
– Improved documentation regarding maximum wind shear setting affecting gusts, and added this notation in the options detail (options UI)ASCA
– Adjusted all overcast models for increased performance
– Added new Overcast Quality slider setting providing 3 options: High Performance (full left), Balanced (middle) and High Quality (right). Higher performance = less coverage and higher frame rates. Higher quality = more coverage and lower frame rates. Defaults to Balanced, which is improved in frames approximately 20% from previous SP1 overcast, with minimal coverage loss.
– Updated documentation to reflect changes, and added a Performance Considerations section which is a recommended read for all ASCA users.
For more information, stay tuned to FSElite and the Active Sky forums.