After what has felt like forever, the teams at 29Palms and Captain7 are close to releasing their latest airport: Nuremberg. Today they revealed the official trailer. As you would expect from these two talented developers, there’s a load of features and techniques to help create a realistic and immersive airport for the community.
All seasons for the airport have been produced in highly detailed 20cm/pc imagery based on real world satellite imagery. The modelling has been created based on real world plans and geodata to provide the most up to date version of the airport possible. Furthermore, there has been plenty of additional details such as animated people in the airport, animated vehicles on the roads and apron, as well as plenty of static aircraft all scattered around. These elements can be controlled via the configuration tool.
The teams have also included plenty of features thanks to the power of SODE. This includes animated jetways, snow and rain layers (depending on the weather in the sim) and the use of dynamic lighting depending on visibility.
The scenery will be available on July 16th.
In partnership with our friends at AviationLads, we will be giving away some free copies of the airport. More details very soon!
- Highly realistic rendition of Nuremberg Airport based on most recent geodata
- 55km² satellite imagery coverage with resolution up to 20cm/px including all seasons
- Highly detailed buildings with internal modelling of the terminal and Hangar 3
- Detailed airport lighting including REILs, Running Rabbits and optional Dynamic Lighting
- Many animated people on the apron, inside and around the terminal
- Extensive vehicle animations on the apron and the vicinity of the airport
- Animated tower radar and elevator – Static aircraft with proper liveries and registrations
- Prepar3D v4 SDK conform export of all scenery elements using the latest techniques
- Fully compatible with AI traffic Add-Ons, ORBX FTX Germany South, FTX Global, VECTOR and openLC Europe
- Latest Scenery Configurator for optimal performance and automatic updates
Many SODE features such as:
- Automatic season switching
- Snow and rain layers
- Animated windsocks indicate wind speed and direction
- Open / Close FAI gateR
- Runwaylights automatically switched on in low visibility