Following the single screenshot tease earlier this week, Xometry has released Victorville Airport (KVCV) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The iconic airport is famously known for storing aircraft from airliners from around the world. The 2,300-acre desert airfield is often seen full of aircraft in various states surrounded by the Californian desert.
The airport itself has no commercial aircraft movements and is used for military and storage purposes. Interestingly, the airport has one of the longest runways in the world, measuring at over 15,000ft.
The feature list from the developers talk about how the airport comes with high-resolution ground textures, PBR throughout and also realistic wear and tear throughout. What’s interesting is that the airport product comes with both two versions of the airport depicting what it was like pre-pandemic and during the COVID-19 pandemic. You’ll be able to see over 150 different static aircraft and custom objects throughout.
- Detailed buildings
- High-resolution ground textures
- Accurately ground markings and writings
- Ground traffic
- PBR normal maps
- Realistic wear, tear, cracks and stains
- Over 150 accurately placed static aircraft and custom objects
- Custom night lighting
- Custom taxiway edge lights
- Accurately placed, realistic vegetation (3D grass, bushes and trees)
- Heavily edited high-resolution orthoimagery
- Aircraft wrecks and disassembled aircraft parts
- Pre- and Covid-Pandemic versions