XFirstOfficer is a freeware virtual first officer that was released for X-Plane 11 in November 2019. It aims at bringing a multicrew experience to the X-Plane 11 world. The XFO is able to read checklists, toggle switches, press buttons and execute procedures depending on several parameters. It is compatible with all X-Plane aircraft, even though it is only delivered with a default Cessna 172 profile. It is entirely customizable.
- Compatible with all aircraft
- Read checklists
- Dataref and commandref based
- Code your own procedure and checklists
- Toggle switches and levers
- Press buttons
- Turn knobs
- Perform actions based on conditions
- Wait for user input to perform actions
- Display information on a dedicated window
- Speak using the built in text-to-speech
- Announce procedures using the built in text-to-speech
- Fast procedure testing during creation
- Default C172SP procedures included
- Monitor values and execute items and procedures when a condition is reached
- Execute items and procedures at fixed time intervals
Users can create procedures by themselves, helped by the documentation that is included. Here is a video showing a rejected take-off using the plugin.
The latest update to V1.5 includes several improvement to help users create profiles. Major items are an overhaul of the procedures and monitor editor. The documentation has also been revamped.
The XFirstOfficer plugin is freeware and can be bound on the X-Plane Forums.