xEnviro has been updated to version 1.12, which brings a host of changes and additions to the X-Plane environment engine. One of the most significant changes is the inclusion of seasons. It’s not made clear exactly how seasons work, but the changelog suggests it adds variation. Further to that, aircraft lightings now illuminate the clouds.
As for changes, the team said that there is now better sector mixing to reduce the squared appearance of coverage, noise mixing law fixes for a variety of cloud types and much more.
- Aircraft lights now illuminate clouds.
- Full clouds coverage checkbox.
- Seasonal changes intensity slider.
- Scattering equations for low sun angles.
- Better sector mixing to reduce squared appearance.
- Noise mixing law for base shapes.
- Noise mixing law for cirrus clouds.
- Noise mixing law for stratus clouds.
- Scenery light visibility law adjusted.
- Control water waves now controls water textures too.
- Wet aerodrome surface checkbox affects particles exhaust effect too.
- Snow application logic changed to remove yellow tint from the default X-Plane sun.
- Rendering Settings renamed to Environment Settings.
- Environment settings presets changed to Simple and Realistic.
- Maximum intensity slider for clouds.
- Maximum snow coverage slider.