The awaited X-Plane Global Mobile update is now ready to download for both iOS and Android. The new update is much more than a standard patch as this now brings the code base much more in-line with the desktop edition. With that in mind, users can now explore the whole world from their mobile device and visit over 11,500 airports with 3D terminals, buildings and hangers.
On top of the vast number of airports, users can interact with cockpits realistically as you can today. As mentioned during the Flight Sim Show in Cosford, elements of the aircraft including programming the FMS can now be done from X-Plane on mobile. Some of the available aircraft include the Cessna 172SP and the Cirrus Vision SF50, with aircraft such as the Boeing 737 and F-4 Phantom II Fighter available also.
As for scenery, included for free for everyone includes Innsbruck, Seattle, the Grand Canyon and more.
If users want the global scenery, a monthly or yearly subscription package must be purchased to pick them up. There are plenty of free options available and you can even link your Navigraph account up to X-Plane Global Mobile to have updated nav data.
- 9 free tutorials, teaching the basics of takeoffs & landings, traffic patterns, helicopters, & more.
- 2-player internet multiplayer via Game Center (free for everyone)
- Fully interactive cockpits on many aircraft, wired to real systems models, with working gauges, displays, buttons, & switches
- Full startup procedures supported on many aircraft (optionally start any aircraft from cold & dark state)
- More than 50 systems modeled, each of which can be failed on command
- Emergency scenarios
- Combat missions
The app includes 2 aircraft (plus all 5 scenery regions) for free. In addition, the following aircraft are available as in-app purchases:
- Free! Cessna 172SP w/ full interactive cockpit + 4 liveries
- Free! Cirrus Vision SF50 w/ full interactive cockpit + 5 liveries
- Airbus A320 Airliner w/ 3 liveries
- Boeing B737-800 Airliner w/ full interactive cockpit (over 280 switches, buttons, knobs, & levers!) + 3 liveries
- Boeing B777-200ER Airliner w/ 3 liveries
- Boeing B747-400 Jumbo Jet w/ 3 liveries
- Bombardier CRJ200 Regional Jet w/ 3 liveries
- Douglas DC-3 Airliner w/ full interactive cockpit + 3 liveries
- McDonnell Douglas MD-80 w/ 3 liveries
- A-10 Thunderbolt II (“Warthog”) Fighter
- F-22 Raptor Fighter
- F-4 Phantom II Fighter
- Beechcraft Baron B58 w/ full interactive cockpit
- Beechcraft King Air C90B
- Piper PA-18 Super Cub
- Piaggio P.180 Avanti
- Sikorsky S76 Helicopter w/ alternate livery
All 5 scenery regions are free for everyone!
- Oahu, Hawaii
- Grand Canyon
- Seattle/Tacoma, Washington
- Juneau, Alaska
- Innsbruck, Austria