Since X-Craft’s last major update in April 2020, the developer brings yet another update for the ERJ Family to V1.3.20. This new update entails the Avionics, FMS/Autoflight, Aircraft/Objects, and FMOD.
In the Avionics section, a revision to the Ground speed/Time to go/Elapsed time is now displayed on the PFD and is visible in the lower right. Regarding the FMS/Autoflight section, a fix for vertical mode function such as selection between FLC to SPD or VS now works correctly. Another fix is for the FLC so that descent is now possible with that mode. Payload and fuel weights have been revised so entry is limited and calculated correctly without overloading the aircraft. Additionally, aircraft external lights are fixed to a more focused beam of light and the lights do not shine through the geometry of the aircraft. Finally, FMOD cabin announcements have been added and can be toggled on or off depending on your preferences.
X-Craft has posted in the X-Plane forum how to update the product to reflect V1.3.20.
The full list of changes can be found below.
The ERJ Family for X-Plane 11 can be purchased from the X-Plane Store for $89.95 USD.
- Converted all script-based plugins from SASL2 to SASL3.
- FMS and Checklist now pop out.
- Current version checking added. The installed version is shown on the settings menu and a popup is presented when the aircraft loads so that users are aware of available updates.
- Altered AviTablet access so that it is always available, even if the AviTab plugin is not installed. This permits access to the radio selection and volume controls.
- Restored full height detection zone for side popup tabs to correct an access issue caused by resizing the X-Plane window. The tabs will disappear if the user mouses to the left of the X-Plane window.
- VR configuration files tweaked, added “hundreds” functionality to VR autopilot altitude setting knob. Other adjustments for the sensitivity. Engine and APU starter knobs not quite right just yet – known issue and in work.
- Revised locations of our manuals and demo flight. These are now in the Manuals and Demo Flight folders – to make them a bit easier to find.
- Re-introduced tail.txt files for liveries so that the FMS would have the right call sign.
- Completely replaced all chronometer logic so that the chronometer now functions exactly like the real thing.
- GSPD/TTG/ET indicator on the PFD revised. The lower right section of the PFD now shows Ground Speed, Time To Go, or Elapsed Time.
- Updated graphics for standby attitude indicator and standby compass.
FMS / Autoflight
- Fixed vertical mode changes from FLC to SPD or VS so that the functions now work correctly when changed.
- Fixed FLC mode so that descents are possible once again.
- Fixed reselection of the arrival airport and/or procedures so that this functions as intended. This was broken in a recent revision.
- Fixed CTD when certain waypoints were used to enter airway selection.
- When an X-Plane 11 formatted FMS flight plan file is loaded, if there are airport waypoints at each end, they are automatically removed. This permits the use of SimBrief flight plans more easily as long as the X-Plane 11 format is used.
- Revised PAYLOAD data entry. The entry of payload weight on PERF1 now reflects the total payload weight added – including passenger weight. The passenger count can still be entered, but no longer affects calculations.
- Payload and fuel weight revised as well so that they can now be entered and limited correctly to prevent overloading the aircraft.
- Warning messages added to TOD display (top of descent) on PROGRESS 1 to ensure sufficient flight plan data has been entered to support TOD calculation. INOP-NO DEP, INOP-NO ARR, and INOP-DEP/ARR.
- Fixed V-speeds on PERF1. The Flaps 22 setting will now consistently present slower V-speeds than Flaps 9 setting when applicable.
- Fixed wind calculations on PERF2.
- Fixed “Recommended VS” popup.
Aircraft / Objects
- Fixed all external lights so that they have a more focused beam of light and that they don’t shine through the geometry of the plane.
- Fixed overlapping manipulators for ALT knob on the AP panel.
- The radios, clocks, MSTR Buttons, and the X-Plane FMS are now dependent on bus voltage instead of the battery switch position.
- Changed “Terrain Radar Not Installed” alert messaging so that users can choose to not install the Terrain Radar. These warnings are now present only if the plugin is not installed and the user selects either TERR or VSD on the DCU.
- APU on EICAS is now correctly showing OFF in green text when the APU is off.
- Added a rotation animation to the alternate radio frequency knob at the back of the pedestal.
- Fixed the copilot’s CRS2 knob so that it functions with the currently selected NAV guidance source, just like the pilot’s side.
- Restored “Ottopilot” Easter egg.
- The yoke will now move in response to autopilot/stability inputs while engaged.
- Cockpit rattle reduced volume and audible only later in the takeoff roll.
- All aural warnings replaced.
- Cabin Announcements added. Activated/deactivated on ERJ Settings menu.