Verticalsim has updated their Omaha Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA) scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator to version 1.1.
Omaha’s Eppley Airfield is the largest airport in the state of Nebraska and was rated as one of the top medium-sized airports in the United States in 2016. Located in eastern Nebraska, Eppley Airfield plays a crucial role in transporting college baseball fans to the College World Series every year and used to be a focus city for now defunct airline, Midwest Airlines. The airport serves 33 major cities around the United States, with low-cost carrier, Southwest Airlines, holding the largest market share at OMA.
While version 1.1 is not a significant overhaul, it does address many lighting and texturing issues to help the airport look more realistic. The most notable changes include the addition of gate numbers to the jetways, making it easier to find your gate after landing, and adjusting the terminal lighting to illuminate more spaces at night. The update can be downloaded from the Contrail App.
Verticalsim’s KOMA scenery can be purchased directly from their website for $16.49, as well as the Contrail webstore and MSFS Marketplace. However, at the time of writing, the scenery is on sale for $14.99 on the Verticalsim website.
- Updated jetways to nicer texture with gate numbers & placards
- Implemented “parallax” glass effect on terminal
- Fixed jetway connector positions
- Adjusted terminal lights so more area is covered
- Made control tower transparent (but no interior)
- Fixed terminal interior overhead lights
- Fixed missing terminal wall piece near the tower
- Moved some vehicles around for better compatibility with GSX