X-Plane developer Verticalsim has announced that their upcoming release of Tampa Airport (KTPA) will be distributed for $24.99. Furthermore, the developer has also shared the features which will release with the airport.
Verticalsim acknowledges that this is a higher price than usual, but said that as it has taken over 2-years to develop the scenery, plus the fact that this is the most advanced product to date, they feel the price is fair.
Some of those advanced features include high-resolution orthoimagery covering the boundaries of the airport, custom hand-built mesh along with highly detailed models of various landmarks including downtown, Rocky Point and International Plaza. Ground-traffic, cars, airport traffic and ramp workers have been added, along with PBR materials where possible.
Whilst no release date has been specified, the team are working as fast as possible to get it to users. Verticalsim said there are “very few things left to do.”
We’ll be sure to let you know when there’s any further news.
- SAM plugin (for jetways)
- Super high res (0.5ft) orthoimagery covering up till the airport boundaries (highest commercial grade imagery you can get on the market)
- Custom hand-built mesh (with Ortho4XP patch), and compatibility with ORBX TrueEarth Florida (VStates users already have this built in and will need to not install mesh)
- High res models of many of the areas landmarks (such as downtown, Rocky Point, International Plaza, etc.)
- Ground-traffic (all the monorails on economy garage and terminal sides), car traffic, airport ground traffic, ramp workers, etc.
- PBR implementation where possible
- Realistic night lighting matching real life imagery taken at the airport
- Support/free updates as the real airport receives them
- World Traffic 3/Traffic Global compatibility with included taxi routes