Vertical Simulations has released Baltimore/Washington International Professional Edition for X-Plane 11. The new version of the airport has been developed to bring it to “Verticalsim standards,” which includes new features and functionality for the scenery product.
As mentioned, the new ‘Professional’ version of the scenery includes a number of changes from the original release to bring it up to today’s standards. This includes the use of SAM jetways (requires a separate download), new 3D interior modelling and also re-engineered PBR texturing. The product also includes a rendition of Baltimore downtown, new HDR night lighting and a terminal layout that is accurate for 2021. Finally, the airport has been optimised for use with Vulkan.
Those who own version 1.7 (or below) of Baltimore/Washington can upgrade $7.99 on the Vertical Simulations website. You can also buy it if you are not a previous owner from simMarket for €21.18.
- SAM jetways
- Re-optimized to utilize Vulkan
- Re-engineered PBR textures
- Optional Custom 3D Mesh Including D/E Underpass
- Optional tile wide ZL17 Color corrected satellite imagery (Not needed if running VStates ortho)
- Baltimore downtown city
- 3D Interior
- Taxi Routes with proper ATC wind rules for (World Traffic 3, Traffic Global, etc.)
- HDR Night lightning
- Terminal layout circa 2021
- Ground traffic via Groundtraffic plugin
- New Amazon cargo ramp