Update 12th October @ 22:30z
It has been confirmed by Matt that he intends on releasing PTA for P3Dv4.1 at some point during the morning of Friday 13th October. He has other things in life to take care of so it may slip further into the day. The features also stated below will be rolled back for those still using P3D v4.0 (but we highly recommend you update to the latest).
– Original article –
Over on the avsim forums, Matt Davies announced some new and updated features that will be coming in the latest version of PTA for P3D v4.1. This includes a popcorn clouds fix which has not worked properly in the transition over to v4 as well as updates to lighting and HDR.
This updated version of PTA will be available within the next few days and if you haven’t already, make sure to pick it up from SimTweaks’ website for £14.99.
Here is the change log PTA taken from source site.
- – No popcorn tweak has been completely rewritten. The old algorithm which worked in v3 doesn’t render correctly in v4 resulting in grey clouds within a close proximity to your viewpoint
- – Alternate tone map tweak has been improved – this basically stops clouds from being too bright when you have bloom set using HDR
- – Separate lighting adjustments for aircraft externally and internally – now you can adjust the lights for the VC separately to the external model
- – Added an adjustable parameter to reduce cloud brightness at varying stages of the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)
- – Added a new tweak which allows separate adjustment of HDR bloom during the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)