TropicalSim has been busy releasing new versions of plenty of their Caribbean islands over the past few weeks including the likes of Antigua and São Paulo Guarulhos. Today, they have released their latest: Aruba. The Caribbean island serves as a busy hub for the area with daily flights to the United States and the UK, as well as other nearby countries. The 2017 update from TropicalSim includes the terminal expansions including all the new gates, SODE jetways, new terrain mesh and a remodeled coastline with roads and landclass.
The new update will also support FSX, FSX:SE and all version of Lockheed Martin’s P3D – all in a single installer.
If you don’t own Aruba already, you can buy it now from SimMarket for 18.00 euros (Excl. tax). Otherwise, you do already own it, you can upgrade for the modest price of 9.00 euros.
Full feature list below.
- Highly detailed rendition of Reina Beatrix International Airport / TNCA located on the island of Aruba
- Apron expansions featuring new gates 16, 17, 23 and 24.
- Featuring the redesigned aprons and taxiways on the south of the runway
- Aruba island coastline remade, with roads and landclass (vector scenery)
- 3-Arc terrain mesh
- Dynamic Lighting on Prepar3d v4 version
- Optional SODE animated jetways
- Specular maps on glass terminals
- Full night illumination
- Baked textures with ambient occlusion
- Optional 3D Lights
- P3D v2/v3/v4 native materials custom ground option
- Wet ground surface effect for P3Dv2/v3/v4 (via native custom ground)
- Stock animated cars on highway and airport adjacent roads for FSX and Prepar3d versions
- Compatible with add-on AI traffic
- FSX version compatible with default and add-on FSX scenery
- P3D version compatible with default and add-on P3D scenery
- Usage of FSX SDK for the FSX version for best performance
- Usage of Prepar3d SDK for the P3D version for best performance
- Installers will detect sim location and add the scenery.cfg entry for FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3 & P3Dv4