Weeks after weeks, Torquesim keeps updating us about their SR22 development progress. This week’s update is about the aerodynamics of their upcoming general aviation plane.
The aerodynamics model of the Torquesim SR22 has been created by an external developer called X-Aerodynamics. They are known for their previous works on the Aerobask DR-400 and DA-62 as well as many other addons that you can see here. Having called a specialist in the domain is a good call from Torquesim, ensuring the aircraft will receive the care it deserves.
The wing will receive special work due to its design of non-continuous leading edge. This means that the stall characteristics of the wing are different than regular wings and have a safer stall behavior.
- Highly accurate cruise speeds and rates of climb
- Precise matching of stall speeds and glide ratio
- Correct take-off and landing distances
- Spot-on shape of the aircraft body to supply the most accurate input for X-Plane´s flight model effects
- Accurate control surface areas and deflections for realistic turn rates
Stay tuned on FSElite for further update on the Torquesim SR22.