Scenery developer Terrapearl Studios has released Molokai Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Also known as Hoolehua Airport (PHMK), the airport serves the island of Molokai in Hawaii and sees a limited number of flights to various islands in the region. The airport is primarily used for GA flying, but is also served by Mokulele Airlines with their Cessna Grand Caravan.
Despite the small size of the island airport, Terrapeal has included a number of features that help immerse you fully into the product. For example, along with the usual PBR tech, the airport comes with hundreds of hand-placed vegetation throughout the island, which is ideal for an airport in this type of location. Furthermore, the team has added in plenty of environmental effects and imperfections like dirt, cracks, patches and weathering in the texturing. This is of course supported by impressive 3D buildings and accurate ground layouts for the airport.
You can buy Terrapearl Studios Molokai Airport directly from their website for $12.99.
- 100% Full PBR technologies used
- HDR Lighting
- Slew of carefully hand-crafted objects carefully placed using the most recent data available
- Custom, painstakingly hand crafted pavement, showcasing all imperfections including dirt, cracks, patches, and 3D effect on edges (illusion of thickiness)
- Added missing vegetation data in areas surrounding the airport
- Hundreds of hand placed 3D grass, shrubs, weeds, and much more
- Added road textures to airport and surrounding areas
- Plenty of clutter (crates, barrels, 3D airport workers, vehicles, etc)
- Corrected Mesh
- Very detailed terminal with partial interior (rental car area, baggage claim)
- Proper airport data (VASI light position, parking spots)
- Quick support and updates as the SDK evolves