Terrainy Studios has just released the Vans Aircraft RV-8, which is their first aircraft to be developed for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Known for their add-on development throughout the Greek archipelago and Swiss countryside, Terrainy has entered the aircraft market by first tackling the most popular aircraft in the RV lineup.
The RV-8 is a light, single-engine high performance and aerobatic piston aircraft capable of a top speed of 190 knots while maintaining an excellent range of over 680 miles. The aircraft is certified in the FAA Aerobatic category able to sustain maximum G-loading of +6/-3Gs. The rendition offered by Terrainy Studios received input from real RV-8 pilots and is fully equipped for IFR flight. It also includes some interestingly unique features such as dynamic fuel in the fuel tank allowing for visible inspection prior to departure.
Whether you wish to prepare for your next aerobatic competition amongst friends, speed along at close to 190 knots or challenge yourself to an IFR approach to minimums, the RV-8 has something to offer everyone. This aircraft will surely allow endless exploration and a true test of a wide variety of your piloting skills.
The Terrainy Studios RV-8 can be purchased via the simMarket store page for a price of €19.99 Exc. VAT.
- Accurate flight model developed alongside real RV-8 pilots
- Realistic taildragger behavior
- Fully IFR capable cockpit
- GPS options, G430 (Asobo) and GTN650 (PMS50)
- Dynamic/interactable static objects
- Dynamic fuel in fuel tanks with visible level
- In cockpit tablet for static object control
- In cockpit physical checklist
- Simulated ice accretion on surfaces and engines
- 3D adjustable lighting in both interior and exterior
- High-resolution 4K PBR textures
- Optimized performance
- VR Compatible