Terrainy Studios, developers behind the highly acclaimed rendition of Samos Airport for MSFS, have recently released their next destination for MSFS via the simMarket online store, this time focussing on the Greek island airport of Ikaria (LGIK).
Ikaria Island National Airport (LGIK) is a small regional airport located on the Greek island Icaria and is located only 10 nautical miles to the southwest of Samos. According to history, the tiny island has been continuously inhabited since 7000BC. Interestingly, Icaria, together with several other surrounding islands, was once considered an independent state, the so-called “Free State of Icaria,” formed by its inhabitants after the Ottoman empire’s expulsion in 1912.
Ikaria Island National Airport (LGIK) serves as the main gateway to this culturally rich island and was only opened in June 1995. Today, the airport features a 4’500ft long runway and a small terminal building. Interestingly, the airport does not provide pilots with any instrument landing facilities, resulting in pilots performing visual approaches to either runway. Additionally, the strong northern winds blowing across the island certainly make for a challenging landing, even for experienced island hopping aviators.
Scenery developer Terrainy Studios has recently brought this exciting and challenging airfield to MSFS, allowing users to try their hands at landing on the charming island. The developer promises users an up-to-date and detail-rich rendition of the airport that comes included with, among others, a highly detailed terminal building, up to 8K resolution textures exclusively making use of PBR, custom created buildings and landmarks across the island, and many custom animations.
If you feel like discovering this charming Greek island for yourself, then head on over to the simMarket online store, where you can now purchase this product for €8.29 E.x. VAT.
- Highly detailed 3D model of the airport and its surroundings.
- Accurate runway slope
- Highly detailed terminal and tower interior
- Up to 8K textures exclusively using PBR
- Custom animations
- Custom mesh
- Countless custom buildings and landmarks around the island
- Custom made and hand-placed villages of Fanari and Agios Kyrikos
- Custom made ports of Agios Kyrikos, Evdilos and Agios Kyrikas Marina
- Accuarte approach landmarks
- Custom made/placed airport surroundings in cooperation with locals
- Custom placed main road network
- Custom placed vegetation
- Fully working ground and ATC services
- Performance optimized