Taking to their Facebook page, acclaimed X-Plane developer Supercritical Simulations Group (SSG) announces to fellow customers that the group is in the process of completing its next update for their Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental addon.
The update, which brings the product up to version 2.3, has been affirmed to address numerous concerns with the current build, most prominent among which is the aircraft’s’ performance. In addition to bringing “some dramatic improvements” in performance, the update also includes a complete rewrite of the plugin responsible for handling the FMS, navigation displays, and auto flight system.
In addition to the previously mentioned upgrades, the update will also bring numerous cosmetic improvements to the aircraft, including the addition of reflections inside of the cockpit windows, and will add both a modeled crew rest area and a modeled cockpit lavatory to the plane. This will provide virtual pilots with a new comfort level when undertaking those long haul flights in the future. Finally, a notable addition to the aircraft is the modeling of the RAM (Ram Air Turbine), which is set to come included with this updated version of the plane.
The update has been in beta testing for some time now, indicating that a public release of the update should no longer be too far of in the future.
For greater information on the subject, feel free to check out SSG’s official Facebook page for their most recent post.
- Addition of the Ram Air Turbine (RAT)
- Improved cockpit callout sounds
- Implementation of true “cold and dark” setup
- Improved fuel loading/usage logic
- Slats retracting with reverse thrust
- More accurate speedbrake/spoiler action and animation
- Separate controls and settings for wipers
- Added EICAS messages for configuration warnings
- Additional button animations to reflect operation of real ones
- Improved tablet
- Flap 1setting logic fixed
- Improved terrain display
- Increased number of FMC legs pages
- Overall improvement in external model with added details (some animated) and some fixes
- Blocking of some windows on the Intercontinental
- Fixed some windows that had artifacts in cabin looking out
- Fix of landing gear coming into cabin when gear is retracted
- Improved lighting in Freighter and Intercontinental
- Reflections inside cockpit windows
- Shows a full 3D cargo load at maximum load weights
- Fixes to “marching ants” visible in some areas
- Fix to Freighter SCD interior texture
- Added crew rest area with opening door (Inter)
- Added cockpit lavatory with opening door (Inter)
- Pilot figures
- Particle effect improvements