Scenery developer Skyline Simulations has released its latest airport for X-Plane 11. The Greek island of Samos is known for it’s challenging approach over the scenic coast and sharp turns onto finals. Skyline Simulations has developed Samos International Airport (LGSM) for the simulator enabling virtual pilots the ability to recreate their favourite flights in aircraft such as the 737 or A320 on it’s 6,900ft runway.
To make the airport as detail-rich as possible, Skyline Simulations has included a range of features specific for the island airport. This includes the use of ultra HD custom textures whilst also using 3D modelling to represent the airport’s terminal buildings and other infrastructure. The developers have also made a point to include “thousands” of 3D custom static objects to ensure the airport looks alive, whilst also including city data to help immerse pilots when on final approach. Custom 3D grass, PBR texture work and night lighting are also included.
- UHD Custom Textures using the latest painting techniques
- Custom accurate Mesh of the island
- Super Detailed 3D modeling
- PBR Materials on every building
- XPLCity with custom 3D houses around the island
- Detailed UHD Ground with PBR and decals
- Custom 3D Grass 3D Trees and vegetation blends with orthophotos
- Ultra-High-resolution custom orthoimagery for the airport
- Thousands of 3D custom static objects
- Accurate Island and Cities using original OSM data
- High-resolution Buildings, animated wind turbines, ports, and more
- Amazing and detailed island NightTextures
- Including LGSM Charts
- Full Ground Traffic