Following a short delay, SimWorks Studios has released its long-awaited RV-14 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Developed from the same team that brought us the Kodiak 100 last year, the RV-14 is a faithful replica of the aerobatic kit aircraft.
The aircraft has been created with support from Van’s Aircraft in order to create an authentic replication of the plane in the simulator. The RV-14 will come with a precise flight model and authentic sounds recorded from the plane itself. Furthermore, both a taildragger and tricycle variants are included with the package.
First introduced in 2012, the RV-14 is a lightweight and fast performance aircraft powered by a Lycoming IO-390 engine. It can reach speeds of over 200mph and fly just over 800nm before needing refuelling. The aircraft is built from aluminium sheeting, giving the plane stable performance whilst being able to achieve aerobatic manoeuvres.
SimWorks Studios has pulled out all the stops with the product release with accurate 3D modelling, a realistic flight model and accurate animations. There are also full animations for the flutter from propwash. One area in which the development team worked hard was getting the taildragger performing correctly whilst on the ground. The aircraft has been tested by real-world RV-14 pilots for the seal of approval.
There’s a functional canopy ejection switch (with opening canopy), animated air conditioning vents and also full rain and icing effects. Finally, there is also weight-based visibility of baggage and the co-pilot, which will affect the performance of the plane itself.
Right now, the Van’s RV-14 is only available through the SimWorks Studios website for €14.99. However, it will also be in other stores as of tomorrow for €19.99.
- Accurate 3D model & animations
- Three generic and three custom liveries
- Taildragger and tricycle variants
- Realistic flight model tested by RV-14 pilots
- Free-castering nose wheel (RV-14A)
- Full GTN750 integration (PMS50 and TDS)
- Flutter animations from propwash
- Weight-based visibility of copilot in the cockpit
- Weight-based visibility of baggage behind the seats
- Opening canopy
- Functional canopy ejection switch
- Animated air conditioning vents
- Realistic backlighting and floodlighting
- Realistic exterior lighting
- MSFS rain & icing effects included